Saturday, December 02, 2006

Praktis I

This is something I wrote on a small slip of paper while trying to figure out a problem at work.  I had decided to take my mind away from it and focus on something else for a while.  The words don’t make much sense strung together the way they are.  The following Praktis entries will be much of the same.

Round & round the thoughts go.  One doubt pointing at another, gently picking up a shovel and digging up another doubt.  Doubts don’t seem to travel in gangs.  But they sure as heel do like to play tag.  There isn’t a noticeable pattern.  But some doubts do like inviting specific others to a party.  Some do actually go hand in hand.  Maybe they get lonely too, that’s why they pile up on top of each other.  They don’t usually come in specific succession either.  Some doubts don’t see the light of day for a very long time. Some doubts made their appearances only on special occasions; it takes something special to get them off their asses.  Shy types, maybe.  Some don’t need invitations and will just appear at your doorstep without even as much as a ‘by your leave’.  The ones I don’t like are the ones that keep coming back, making me feel inadequate.  Bringing their gifts of fear wrapped in gilded paper and shiny ribbons and that palpable fear grabs hold me staring me in the eye as it puts me in its box nice and tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment